Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Wkend :)

Amidst all of the chaos that was last weekend, I had 2 orders lined up...

first up... a Softball themed birthday cake...


This cake was super cute and was the first time I...

  1. used printed paper to cover/decorate my cake board 
  2. used ribbon to add a special touch to the edge of my cake board
  3. used my Cricut Cake machine (YAY!!!) to make the letters and #14
After all of the reviews I've read on the CC machine, I thought it was going to be a nightmare to use but... it wasn't bad at all.  Everything went pretty smoothly AND I think they looked GREAT on the cake :)


The cake was topped with pink "shooting stars", a pink cap, glove & ball, and a bat :)
It was a Dominican cake with dulce de leche filling... YUMMY!!!

  


===============================

the Second order was for a Neutral Jungle themed baby shower cake and cuppies...


This cake was super YUMMY!!!
Top tier: Red Velvet with cream cheese icing
Bottom:  Dominican with dulce de leche

Here's a close-up of the adorable lion and monkey...


The client had mentioned that they would like a palm tree incorporated in the design.  I was a little nervous at first (since I had never made one before) but... I think it came out pretty good...


The cake was accompanied by 4DZ cuppies... chocolate and Dominican with vanilla and chocolate buttercream topped with plastic zebras, giraffes, lions, elephants, and mini palm trees...



I rec'd GREAT feedback on everything... YAY!!!
can't wait to get started on my next order :)


to place an order or for additional information contact

No comments: