Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Before there was "Cakes in a Cup"...

Sometime last Spring, while throwing around ideas for my Son's 1st Birthday Party, I had an epiphany (lol)... what if I, his loving Mommy (lol),  made his birthday cake?!?!?  I thought it was the BEST idea EVER and from that point on, the planning for the "big event" began :)

The theme was "Jungle Safari".  
I spent many hours working on his cake and cuppies but... in the end, it was totally worth it.  I was extremely happy with the outcome and rec'd great feedback from my friends and family.   

Looking back... I really had NO idea what my new found LOVE for baking had in store for me...

the cake and cuppies displayed on the beautiful stand that my hubby made for me
Hand made fondant "King of the Jungle"

watch-out for the scary crocodile

yummy cake topped with an adorable hand made fondant elephant

Yummy cuppies with handmade fondant blades of grass
  

No comments: