Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My 1st Handbag...

I've been waiting for the opportunity to make a Handbag cake for what seems like an eternity (LOL).
So... last night, I had some "free" time on my hands and decided to give it a whirl.  

FYI... "free" time = Son + Husband (bathed + tucked away in their beds)

This cake was very last minute.
I didn't have a design concept or my colors mapped out... I just went with the flow (LOL).


I'm sure there are a million and one ways to do this but... this is how I did it...
  1. I started off with an 8" round Lemon cake
  2. The cake was then leveled and cut right down the center making 2 semi-circles
  3. The 2 halves were filled with a cream of dulce de leche and coconut (YUMMY!!!) and turned on it's side
  4. the "semi-circle" was then placed on a cake round (cut to size) and then placed on the leopard cake board (which I quickly assembled last night)
  5. the "semi-circle" was then crumb-coated with buttercream (chilled) and covered with fondant
  6. and then last and final step (my favorite)... the details were added
*** I wish I would've taken pictures of the steps listed above but... maybe next time :)

As you can see, this cake is pretty plain.
I could have done so much more to it but... for my 1st Handbag, I think I did a pretty good job.  
I actually LOVE the way it turned out and I hope you do too :)


Enjoy :)


to place an order or for additional information contact


No comments: