Thursday, June 2, 2011

A "piece of cake"

I was hired by my friend to make her birthday cake.  When I asked her what she wanted, she was pretty much open to anything.  Her only request was for it to be pink, really cute and girly and she mentioned that she likes hearts and stars. 

I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for me to try something different... something that would test my skills as a baker/decorator (LOL).  So... After brainstorming, I came up with a super cute idea.  I've always wanted to make a cake like this but I wasn't sure I could.  But... I decided to take the risk and I'm happy to report that it came out really nice :)

Here's my very first "piece of cake" birthday cake (LOL)...


The cake was chocolate with chocolate buttercream filling so... I made the "inside" of the cake chocolate too... YUMMY!!!

Here's a close-up of the "slice of cake" topped with 2 pink hearts... 


and... of course, I used my cricut cake for the lettering...
I am totally in LOVE with my CC... It's awesome!!!  


I hope my friend likes the look of her cake and the taste too :)

Enjoy the rest of your week and thank you for stopping by!



to place an order or for additional information contact

No comments: