Friday, September 30, 2011

Toy Story 2nd Birthday

My son is in LOVE with Toy Story and he doesn't discriminate... he LOVES parts 1, 2, and 3.  You might even say he eats, drinks, and sleeps Tee-dory (that's how he pronounces it... LOL). 

Those movies are ALWAYS playing!!!  Whether it be in my room, his room, the living-room, my car... there's no escaping it.  So... when thinking of the perfect theme for his 2nd birthday, it was the 1st thing that popped into mind and I couldn't wait to start planning and prepping :)

His birthday is in August so the party was supposed to take place in our backyard BUT b/c of inclement weather (AKA "Hurricane Irene"), we had to move everything inside.  
It took forever to arrange and rearrange the furniture but... in the end, I think we did a good job.  
Take a look at the decor...
from left to right... a bundle of hay with red & yellow swirly lollipops, mini servings of popcorn, personalized bottles of water, cowboy boot mugs, and Blue & Red cowboy hats.

Here are some close-ups...

and for those of you who have seen Toy Story...
"there's a snake in my boot"...
We had a really cool craft station set-up for the kids complete with painting activities...


And last, but not least, the cake table...
I wanted it to look like a scence straight from "Andy's" room...
The birthday sign was AMAZING!!!
side note... It was made with TONS of love by my BF who also happens to be my son's God Mother.

and now back to the cake table...


side note (#2)... the "playing scene" cardboard images were made by my BBFF (LOL).
I had the vision but you made it a reality... thank you :)

and... you know that I HAD to throw in some YUMMY cuppies :)...
Overall, the party was a great success... My son had a BLAST!!!  
It's been a month and he is still talking about it... It was definitley worth all the LONG hours spent prepping :)

Again... I'd like to send a special Thank You to my "ladies" (you know who you are).
I couldn't have done it without you... I love you guys :)  
and ofcourse, to my Hubby... you're the BEST!!!

I can't wait to start planning his 3rd birthday party!!!
LOL... j/k :)



to place an order or for additional information contact

2 comments:

Natalia said...

Wow Cindy, everything came out just perfect... Totally love it. We're so sorry that we weren't able to attend. Samantha would've loved it :)
All the hard work really paid off!!!

"Cakes in a Cup" by Cindy said...

Thanks Nat :)